Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Show your pet some love by trying our Valentine’s Heart Cookie recipe for your Dog or Cat.
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 11/2teaspoons dry yeast
- 1/4 cup carob powder (for Dog+Cat cookies), OR 1/4 cup drained canned tuna (for Cat cookies)
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
Roll dough into a ball, and place in a covered bowl.
Put bowl on a warm counter and allow the dough to rise and set (it will approximately double in size – about 1 to 2 hours).
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F
2. Roll the set dough with a rolling pin to approx. 0.25″ thickness
3. Use Heart shaped cookie cutters to cut
4. Bake pet treats 2″ apart on a lightly greased baking sheet for 15 minutes on each side, until dry and hard.
5. Turn off the oven. You can also continue drying the cookies in the oven overnight for extra dry treats.
6. Use dog treat frosting to decorate if desired.
Valentine’s Sale on Heartworm Products:
Valentine’s Day reminds us that heart health for our pets is important. While some parts of the US & Canada are still under snow for another month, other areas are moist & warm; perfect conditions for heartworm carrying mosquitoes to thrive. Remember to continue treating your pet with heartworm medication before the spring thaw to ensure that your pets are protected from heartworm disease.
It’s also important to take your pet to a veterinarian for a regular check-up. If you’ve never treated your pet with heartworm medication before, your veterinarian must do a simple test to ensure your pet is heartworm free prior to starting treatment, because giving heartworm medication to a pet that’s already infected can be harmful or even fatal.
CanaCreek is having a Valentine’s Sale on Heartworm Products to promote pet heart health.
Our Valentine’s Sale includes:
Advocate for Dogs, Advocate for Cats
The Sale is on now and ends on Valentine’s Day February 14th 2011.
Shop CanaCreek early and save today!
Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!
The CanaCreek Team
Send your questions to email@example.com
Visit the Canacreek.com blog site at www.bloggingpaws.com !